Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Just to get back in the swing of things . . .

 . . . let me tell you the two favorite things anyone has ever said about me that were both said in the last couple of months.

From a guy that I spent every day with for five months (we were on tour together) but who I haven't seen in a decade:  "Someone would have to work pretty hard to be as naive as you were in your early twenties."

I don't know why this makes me laugh as hard as it does every time I think about it but it does.  Maybe I'm just so delighted to come as far as I have and to have that affirmed by someone who didn't necessarily watch the entire process. 

From one of my closest friends, "It's OK to be not OK when I'm talking to you because you don't think you're OK either."

This is the best compliment I could ever ask for from anyone.

No comments: