Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oops

So, I have to admit that Jacob and I seem to have just survived our first necessary newlywed disaster. You know the old cliche about the new bride not knowing how to boil water or scraping the burned toast into the garbage?

I gave my husband salmonella.

I didn't mean to; I swear. It's just that I baked a chicken and I put the dark side down and I guess it didn't cook all the way through and even though I ate the leftovers with no repercussion on Friday, Jacob didn't microwave his on Sunday and then, well, you know.

So, we spent a full 60 hours in a sleepless hell of fevers and other more gross stuff. What I like best about the experience was that I did not feel at all resentful of the tasks necessary to take care of him. It was easy to do. That makes me feel really good about myself.

I like it when I cannot deny that I love this man.

2 comments:

Jake and Jess said...

omigoodness - you should have said something when we spoke! i totally didn't know this before speaking with you!

i have poisoned jake - he lived. all is well.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope he's ok. It happens to the best of us. :)