Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beholders for Obama

Probably only one or two of you know about the crack that McCain staffer Michael Goldfarb made to rebut some people who speculated about the validity of McCain's war story.

He wrote:
It may be typical of the pro-Obama Dungeons & Dragons crowd to disparage a fellow countryman's memory of war from the comfort of mom's basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others.


Now, I'm inclined to doubt that McCain is making up his story. However, I'm less inclined to vote for a man who chooses to surround himself with staffers who lash out on his official blog with weird, almost Freudian, non-sequiturs that just happen to hit me right in the nose. Really, did some nerd pick on you in high school?

So, in response I have spent my Saturday afternoon making my first-ever campaign t-shirt.Pretty cool, right?

I did steal a couple of images, so I'm making my first-ever campaign contribution for amends.

However, I'm so giddy that I'm giving away the extra iron-on that I printed. Just comment below by next Friday, August 29 and you'll be eligible for the prize. Look around the blog and write a short response or tell me a story about your own experiences with D&D and I'll give you a +1 on your dice roll.

4 comments:

Robert Mackey said...

pretty freakin groovy. good job!
I did a piece for the Huffington Post a couple days ago on the subject; Goldfarb is a piece of work,alrighty!

RM

Neal Groothuis said...

So, is there going to be an associated "Eye <3 Obama" bumper sticker?

This is one of the dorkiest things I've seen in a while. Well played. :)

Anonymous said...

regardless of politics, McCain has managed to surround himself with the most backwards, unbelievable, confusingly dumb people on the planet. you would have thought one of them would have paid attention to Clinton's campaign when they associated Obama's supporters with facebook.

...but, no. somehow they missed it.

and seriously Reeb, this is dorkishly amazing.

PrincessMax said...

Thank you for the affirmations, Robert, Neal and Dave. I'm feeling pretty low-camera-angle-arms-crossed-over-chest-smug-smile-super-nerd if I do say so myself.

I'm wearing it my D&D group tonight.

Everyone, please feel free to link to this post to see if we can get a bunch of folks in on the give-away contest.