Thursday, January 03, 2008

Girl Power

Technologically helpless total girl no more!

My TV died just before Christmas and even though I sent out a plea to my people looking for an obsolete TV in a corner that had been replaced by a flat screen, I realized that my life was much more peaceful without it. My work was done with music as background noise instead of commercials and sit-coms.

However, the music came from my iTunes and either had to come out of my nasty laptop speakers or I was tethered to the a stool near the tuner.

So, last night, I went to the Mac store on Michigan avenue, saved $30 plus shipping automatically from the price quoted at the online store, got a student discount, paid the young man out in the store rather than waiting in line for a register, was emailed a receipt and took my AirPort Express home immediately. Instead of waiting for one of the men in my life to stop by to set it up for me, I read the directions all by myself and was entirely successful. I am now typing while sitting on my couch, listening to Booker T and the MGs out of my fancy Advent speakers and sub-woofer that I've held on to through so many moves over the years.

For a girl that knows next to nothing about acoustics, I've got a pretty sweet set-up.

And I did it myself.

Now, if one of those men would just stop by to help me move this gigantic TV down to the street.

See, they're still good for something.

No comments: