Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Please pray for Pastor Daniel

This morning I got a phone call from my dad. He told me that he had received an email telling him that the pastor of my old church, Daniel Hill, had been in a car accident last night and is currently struggling with short term memory loss.

Please pray for Pastor Daniel. He is one of God's childrens like we all are. Also, he's a good man with a good vision and an amazing talent for preaching. I like him quite a bit and I hate to imagine how he and his wife must be feeling right now.

My main sense of identity involves my intelligence. The thought of losing any part of my brain function scares the hell out of me. I worry that I won't be myself any longer. I am praying that Pastor Daniel won't be as scared as I would be. He once said that a major step toward racial reconciliation is taking your identity out of your race and putting it into Jesus. I think his words also apply to anything else we identify with: if I think of myself as a child of God first and a smart girl second, I have nothing to fear. Still, I'm human and so is he. So, I pray for him that he will not fear.

Please consider doing so, as well.

No comments: