Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Still alive

I was on family vacation to Hilton Head last week, came home for two nights and I'm now in beautiful Newark, NJ on a business trip. I'll proobably be in the Quad Cities for the 4th of July weekend.

It's kind of weird that I'm not home much because I am just beginning to feel like I am enjoying the home life that I have for the first time.

For instance, upon returning from Hilton Head, I got to my apartment around 6:00 in the evening, showered, put on my new sundress and headed over to Jess's house for her birthday party. I knew many of the people there, to the point that there was never a moment that I sat quietly, looking for the next person to talk to. And I looked pretty hot in the sundress, if I do say so myself. (And I was not the only one to say so.) I closed down that party and made it home around 12:30. Then, I went to work all day on Monday, and then met my best friend from high school, Lorinda, at Millenium Park. Yo Yo Ma was giving a free concert with his Silk Road Ensemble to launch the Silk Road project in Chicago, which is something like 80 free cultural events throughout the year showcasing the art of the countries along the old silk trading road. So, she and I and her six-month-old baby listened to a phenomenal concert for free in a beautiful setting. Then, she walked with me over to Michigan Avenue to meet a real live date for the evening. He's an ER doctor and didn't get off work until around 8:00. We had tapas dinner and walked around downtown for a little while. All very much like a normal city dweller.

Weird, huh.

So, I'll be back home in a little while and, oddly, I'm looking forward to my time being full when I get there.

No comments: