Saturday, March 11, 2006

Super-model

I'm sorry that I haven't been writing much lately. I know that my life is fairly entertaining to some of you all out there. I keep pretending you're laughing with me and if you would play along, I would appreciate it. :-)

I haven't been doing much of anything. If I've done it, you've read about it. Since I've only posted twice (and one of those was to ask for money) in the month of March and today is already the 11th, that should give you a sense of the scope of my not doing anything. I'm dealing with some internal things; figuring out what I want and so forth. But, unlike some of the other internal things that I've shared with you in the past, these aren't really connected to events that can be made into stories. If there were stories, I would tell them to you. I promise.

Today is the first day of spring in Chicago. It was 60 degrees and when Daniel and I went out to Target, I actually felt like the air was warm, rather than not-so-cold-anymore, like it has been these last couple days of 50 degree weather. And, just like magic, the warm weather has raised the spirits of young men across the city. So, as I was walking to the El from work yesterday, wearing every piece of warm clothing that I have worn all winter except my hat, I was asked by a young man with a cigarette dangling oh-so-attractively from his lips, "Have you ever dated a black man before?" with the obvious next sentence being, "Do you want to?" It was terribly clever and I'm not sure why I didn't stop to continue the conversation. It must have been that I had a train to catch. Yes, that's it. I'm feeling all fuzzy inside that my big coat and scarf must accentuate my figure to the extent that once I strip my hat off, I'm like a super-model to men on the street. Ah, good times.

No comments: