Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Thanks a lot

Occasionally, very occasionally, my little brother will report back to me that someone he knows said, "Dude, your sister's hot," or something of that nature. I'm not sure what his motivation in doing this is. I would ordinarily attribute it to his freaky level of sensitivity toward my state of mind and explain that he is trying to boost my self-esteem, especially since he was pretty deliberate about doing this when I was first dating again after the divorce. Ordinarily, I would say this. However, every time he brings it up in conversation that this guy he knows thinks I'm hot or cool or some form of attractive, he follows it up with, "I told him to shut up because he's a perv," or a loser or on the rebound. (No, Mom, I'm sure he doesn't actually say, "Shut up.")

So, what is that?!? Only perverts and losers think I'm hot? What's he trying to say? These are guys that don't know any better?

There is a country-kitchy sign available in all of your fine catalogues-that-stock-decorative-items-made-from-resin-by-children-in-China that reads, "I smile because you're my sister, I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."

Yeah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your problem is that you are both gorgeous and a weirdo magnet. Seperate things but devestating when combined. Like Optimus Prime and Overload.

Cheers
MRB

PrincessMax said...

Do you know how every morning should start?

With a super-cool guy telling me I'm gorgeous while I eat my oatmeal, that's how.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your just attractive and there is nothing more to it at all.

PrincessMax said...

Well, I do believe I'm blushing!

But, who are you?