Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Godfather Goes to Africa

I am avoiding practicing for my GREs. Although I've recently decided that what I want most in the world is to go back into teaching (this job is just fine; I just can't see myself getting passionate for it and I find myself writing lesson plans in my head while I commute), so although I've decided that I want to go back to teaching, I've also decided that I have to get my masters degree first because I absolutely don't want to be going to school while I'm teaching. So, if these are the big decisions that I'm making and the GRE is the hinge on which this future swings, I just can't make myself do it. I can't make myself study for it. I can't make myself write practiced, timed essays. Tomorrow, I'll write my entrance essay and personal statement. So, today I was supposed to write my practice exam. That's what I'm supposed to be doing.

So, here's a list of what I have been doing:

-Blogging
-Calling a friend
-Listening to a new James Brown CD that Emily's husband Joe loaned to me
-Surfing the internet
-Watching Sex and the City
-Fussing with my iTunes

Brilliant. I get this far in life with the renowned character and moral integrity that I and my father have worked so hard to develop and I'm stuck here, not even wasting my time doing things that would be productive, like cleaning my room.

Now Daniel has come home without his girlfriend and so I'm distracted by talking with him.

I think maybe I'll finally decorate the Christmas tree to the hopped up sounds of James Brown in Kinshasha, Zaire.

No comments: