Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I am officially a "crafter."

Yes, that's right, folks. I have sold my crafts for actual money and that makes me a professional crafter. Previous to this point, I have always given away my projects as gifts. I tend to put so much work into things and often only make a few of each project, so I would have to ask for exorbitant amounts of money to make production of them for sale worthwhile. However, since I'm sitting at the Farmer's Market for free anyway, I figured I might use the time to make a little money. I sold my dharma bowls (I'd made three more since the ART show) and my little quote scrolls in re-used jars. I made over $60. I sold two bowls and quite a few jars of scrolls. Pretty cool, huh? Jeff's family is in town this week, though, and I had to read Harry Potter, so I haven't had enough time to replentish my stock. Ugh.

No comments: