Friday, May 06, 2005

Weekend Plans

I'm starting a booth for The Exchange at the Farmer's Market tomorrow all by myself. I have no idea what to expect in terms of audience. I have an umbrella, a table, a sign I painted on a cabinet door, a scrapbook of creative re-use projects from magazines and an old turquoise and hot pink Coleman cooler with holes drilled in it and full of worms and food scraps. I wrote, "Ask me how worms eat my garbage," and "Eeuw! Worms!" on it. Then, I'll wait tables out at Doe Bay for the first time. Daniel said it's not hard and I should be fine. His big pieces of advice were: always give them the menu quickly so they have something to do while they wait for you and pick up the mug and pull it away from the table to refill coffee so that if you spill, it won't be on them. I actually think that's pretty helpful. Then, Sunday, I'll work at The Exchange since Jeff is still on trek. I'll think I'll be pretty tired by Sunday night. I won't have trouble sleeping at all then.

No comments: