Monday, February 14, 2005

Pencil Me In

After a month of working only three days a week, all of a sudden I have more work than I know what to do with. First, Jeff is giving me one of his shifts at The Exchange because he is trying to use the next two weeks for intense packing. He has to move from the house he has lived in for the last ten years and that equals quite a bit of stuff to sort through. Also, Bill, my manager and the Flava, waits tables at the best restaurant on the island because he can make more money there in two nights than he could working 40 hours in retail. So I am closing two nights this week for him. Also, one of the men at church needs some manual labor to carrying landscaping rubbish to a trailer, then making a burn pile and watching to make sure it doesn’t get out of control. I’ll make $20 an hour doing that. College degree be damned. So, today I worked at the book store, tomorrow, I’ll burn stuff, Wednesday I’ll be at the Exchange, Thursday, I’ll be at the bookstore AND at the Flava, Friday I’ll be at the Exchange and possibly a dinner party that night and Saturday I’ll be closing the Flava. Whew! Wish me luck.

No comments: